MUMBAI, JULY 20, 2022
On the occasion of its 115th Foundation Day on Wednesday, Bank of Baroda (BoB) conferred the ‘Baroda Sun Achievement Awards 2022’ to five inspirational individuals/companies who have made significant contributions in their respective fields, had a substantial impact on society and inspired others through their journey.
The ‘Baroda Sun Achievement Awards 2022’ were presented in five categories – Start-up, MSME Tech, Agri Tech, Social Service and Nature/Wildlife Conservation. Thenominations were evaluated by an external jury comprising distinguished thought leaders.
The winners of the ‘Baroda Sun Achievement Awards 2022’ are:
• Start-up: Suhani Mohan and Kartik Mehta, Saral Designs (Maharashtra) – for their innovative and path-breaking work in making menstruation safe for all.
• MSME Tech: YK Behani and NK Behani, Tekno Valves (West Bengal) – for excelling in the field of high-pressure gas cylinder valves manufacturing for the Indian and global markets.
• Agri Tech: Mala Kumari, Nandini Agro Group (Bihar) – for her pioneering work in mushroom farming that has helped in uplifting an entire village.
• Social Service: Asha Sawardekar (Goa) – for her selfless efforts in providing care to the elderly and being a beacon of hope in the lives of so many.
• Nature/Wildlife Conservation: HimmataramBhambhu (Rajasthan) – for dedicating his life to the conservation of the environment and protection of wildlife.
BoB also felicitated its brand endorsers and India’s sporting icons, PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth at its 115th Foundation Day celebrations.
On the occasion of the Bank’s 115th Foundation Day, BoB Managing Director & CEO Sanjiv Chadha said, “The Bank’s Foundation Day is an opportune time to reflect and look back on the Bank’s accomplishments, but also more importantly, to look ahead to the future. We have a rich legacy, one that is built on our customers’ trust. To add to that, over the years, the Bank has undergone multiple strategic transformations, keeping pace with the ever-evolving needs and aspirations of its customers. With bob World at the centre, we are bringing a world-class banking experience at their fingertips.”
“Today, we are also delighted to felicitate the winners of the Baroda Sun Achievement Awards. These citizens are determined to make a difference and are working hard for the betterment of local communities and our society. At Bank of Baroda, we aim to follow in their footsteps and on our 115th Foundation Day, commit once again to beinga partner in the country’s growth,” he added.
The theme for the Bank’s 115th Foundation Day is “Enhancing Tech, Enriching Lives”, underscoring the pivotal role that technology playsat the Bank in increasing customer convenience, delivering better and more personalised service, automating processes, preventing fraud and deepening customer relationships.